Help request - bizarre lock down of a database (1 Viewer)

dreniarb

Local time
Today, 10:17
I have a database I've inherited from a predecessor. It's locked down, but in a most bizarre way.

When you open the database window via F11 there are no forms, reports, modules, or macros listed. I can see the tables and queries just fine.

I know there are forms and reports because the database autostarts with a form and has buttons to open other forms and reports. And those forms and reports are based on queries. I can right-click the forms or reports and switch to design view and edit them.

So I guess what I'm wondering is how exactly was this done? Has anyone ever done/seen anything like this before? I've locked down databases by turning off the shift bypass key, capturing F11, disabling right-click, etc etc. But I've never seen anything like this. Crazy, but pretty cool.

Thanks in advance!

Jason

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
Today, 09:17
My first thought would be that all of the forms, reports, modules, or macros have had their Hidden property set to true.

Take a look at this link and scroll down to the "Hide Objects and Groups" section and see if that helps.

BobMcClellan

Giving Up Is Unacceptable
Local time
They probably set the objects to hidden. In 2007 go to Access Options / Current Database / Navigation Options / Show Hidden objects .

hth,
bob

dreniarb

Local time
Geez louise.... that was it.

Ok.. so not that bizarre after all. :)

Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom