help with a form for multiple tables (1 Viewer)

james7705

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:29
hi
so im having a bit of a problem.
i have a number of tables...ie...
tblcases:
(title, assigned to, opened by, opened date, customer, status, category, priority, description, due date, comments, resolved date)
tblcustomers:
(last name, first name, email address, contact number, house number, street, suburb, city)
tblemployees:
(last name, first name, email address, contact number, house number, street, suburb, city, job title, department)
tbldailymileage:
(mileage date, vehicle, driver, start mileage, end mileage, total mileage)
tblinventorytransactions:
(transaction item, employee, transaction type, quantity, created date, po number, comments, status)

so what i need to do is create a form that reflects the information entered into the cases table by a call centre operator. once the info is captured ie customer details, opened by, opened date etc, this form must then be available to the technician to input start and end mileage and also to change the status from "active" to "complete" or to "unsuccessful" and to input any items he has used from the inventory

i have a
tblinventory
that has all items with reorder levels, quantity etc
tblemployee
all employee details
tblvehicles
has all my vehicles info

ideally what should happen is that for every case there will be one start and end mileage, one customer entry and multiple inventory transactions or no inventory transactions

i need to be able to also generate a set of reports which reflect the mileage used per case and the inventory items used per case. im not too concerned about the reports. it is the form i have a problem with. it either only reflects some of the entries or just a blank form,

in closing...what i basically need is two forms...one for the call centre operator to input information concerning the case and customer details, then another form for the technician that reflects the customer details and gives him fields to input his inventory transactions and mileage.

im not running any vba at the moment, only the macros that come with access 2010

any help, advice or tips here would be GREATLY appreciated.

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Help?Whathaveyoudoneyourself?Whereareyoustuck?Getcrackingandyoucangethelp,butIdon'tthinkanybodywilldotheworkforyou.Readaboutnaminghere:http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=225837

Andhereisafreesampleafcaps:ASDFGHJKJLQWERTYUIOPZXCVBNMandsomepunctuationmarks:.,;usethematwill.Thereasonsuchthingsareusedisbecausetheymaketextseasiertoread,evenifthatrequiressomeeffortonthepartoftheposterandhistablet.Actually,typingspacesisapaintoo.

james7705

Registered User.
Local time
Really??? Thanks anyway.
the form i have has 3x subforms on it, one for the inventory table, one for the vehicle table and one for the customer table. when i try and open the form it comes up completely blank, the aren't even controls on it.
i have now moved the customer details to the cases table as there will be one customer per case.
now the form only shows some of the entries

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom