Help with a pivot table layout (1 Viewer)

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Today, 06:07
Hi Guys

I am looking for someone who is aufay with pivot tables.

I have constructed a pivot table that has filters
The data is the result of sales from various sites, each site has its own consumption. the detail is by product. I can get it to show the product name in the row but I also want to show the product code and the cost/selling price.

When I drop this into the pivot it either sums or counts, which is what I don't want.

What I do want is the

Prod Code - Prod Name - Cost Price - Sell Price - Consumption info

It works if you only select one site but if you select multi sites it sums the cost/selling which is missleading. Is there any way to preent it rom summing/counting?

See attached xls

Attachments

• Consumption.xls
    689 KB · Views: 128

NBVC

Only trying to help
Local time
Today, 01:07
One way is to add another Column in you database... called something like Site2 and just enter formula =A2 copied down.

Then change the Pivot table source to add the extra column.

Then you can drag that new column in the Row Label Area. So now you have the Site as a report filter and a Row label item.

Now when you select multiple sites, you will see the prices for each of those selected individual sites also.

Would that work for you?

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Today, 06:07
My pivot table skills are to say the least novice, I know what I want but I cannot fathom how to do it. If you could do the one change for me and I can work from that I would be grateful.

NBVC

Only trying to help
Local time
Today, 01:07
I guess this forum doesn't accept .xlsx file attachments.... you guyrs probably should change that.

I have attached the .xls version... hope it didn't loose anything ;)

Attachments

• Copy of Consumption-1.xls
    1 MB · Views: 147

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom