Solved Help with #Error on Report (1 Viewer)

RickHunter84

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:30
Hello All,

I hope everyone is having a good night or good morning, depending on what part of the world you are :)

I have the following problem that I've been trying to fix for at least a few hours. When I print a purchase order report from the PO form, the report shows everything but the subtotal, charges and grand total. The sub-report within the purchase order report has a calculated (extCost) field that comes from the query that feeds the sub-report.

I added an unbound text field in the footer of sub-report to do the calculations required - =Sum([PoQty]*[Cost]) then I reference this unbound text field in the subtotal from the main report as =[rptPurchaseOrderDetail]![SubTxt] and I get #Error in the text field.

trying different thing, I also added calculated field in the query sub-report to calculated subtotal and with that I tried =Sum([extCost]), I get the same error.

I removed the aggregate function for the calculation to get the subtotal, and I added just a random number to see if the values are being transfer, and of course it works, adding more to the mystery.

all ideas are welcome.

Please let me know if you need additional information.

best regards,

Rick

RickHunter84

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:30
Hello everyone,

i just wanted to share the solution since I just figured it out, not sure if to call it rookie mistake, I might not be the only one out there that might have had this problem before :LOL:

Solution:
Make sure to add your text field in the actual report footer of the report, I was doing it in the page footer.

best regards,

have a good night!

Rick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom