Help with forms (1 Viewer)

mebaria

Local time
Today, 14:21
I have a form with a drop down list, the drop down list has 12 choices. When the user creates a new record, the user can pick from the drop down list a category from the 12 choices. I want the user to be able to save the new record that he or she created under that category that the user picked. What access is doing right now is, any record created is saved under the first category, not the category the user picked. Is basically saving everything under the first category and not under the specified selection. How can I get access to save the records under the selected categories?

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:21
the drop down should be BOUND to the field that hold the lookup value.

this has the property "control source" in the properties sheet.

mebaria

Local time
I tried that but it gave me an error. The error said the expression you entered contains invalied systax you may have entered an operand without an operator. Here's how it looks. Please see the attachment and tell me what I am doing wrong.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 90

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:21
maybe there is a problem with the query for the combo box.

its hard to tell just from the screen shot

click the ellipsis (the ...) and see if the query builds correctly.

otherwise its going to be an issue with some code. does the error debugger take you to the code producing the error.

mebaria

Local time
Gemma,

I am sorry to ask so many questions, Here's another attachment, somebody else built this database and once the person made a mess then they gave it to me to fix it. Please help me. I also had an error before 3020 but somehow by a miracle I was able to fix it by myself but now I am stuck with this new issues.

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 103

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom