Solved Help with label on report! (1 Viewer)

slharman1

Local time
Today, 06:46
I have a label on my report called accessories, and it prints below every item just before the accessories sub report data prints.
What I need to do is not print it if the item does not contain any accessories.
Can anyone help me out with this one?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:46
Sounds like you might need to use the Print event to make the label visible or invisible.

slharman1

Local time
Sounds like you might need to use the Print event to make the label visible or invisible.
Not sure how to do that. I am using a cmdButton to print a report based on the selected re it’s of a continuous form.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:46
Not sure how to do that. I am using a cmdButton to print a report based on the selected re it’s of a continuous form.
I am referring to the Print event on the Report. That way, it doesn't matter how you open the report, it will always evaluate whether to show or hide the label. If you want to see an example, consider posting a sample copy of your db with test data (and the report you're trying to modify, of course).

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:46
Use the on Format event of the report's detail section to check to see if the subreport would have data and hide it if there is no data.

slharman1

Local time
Use the on Format event of the report's detail section to check to see if the subreport would have data and hide it if there is no data.
Thanks all! Pat it was even easier than that. I just moved the label from the main report to the sub report and that did it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom