Help with using a unique ID to create a new record in seperate table (1 Viewer)

sparkkle

Local time
Today, 11:57
Hi

I have a little bit of experience with Access (i'm using Access 2007) and i have used viewed this forum a number of times to help solve problems i have had with building this database - thanks for the posts!!!

I am really stuck with this problem and can't seem to find anything on here to help me. If it has been answered before then i apologise....

The database i am trying to create is imported from a (badly designed) excel spreadsheet.

The first page of the spreadsheet holds patient data - contact details, dob etc. The next 5 worksheets hold information regarding the assessments each patient has had - page 1 = assessment 1, page 2 = assessment 2 and so on.. Every patient has a patient number and the spreadsheet is set up so that every patient is listed on each page regardless of whether they have had an assessment or not - so lots of blank fields!!

I have exported the patient demographics into a table in access 2007 called 'BRD' and then have added all the patient assessments from the the 5 excel worksheets into another table called 'Assessments'

I have forms to add new patients etc all working fine. I also have a from where users can search for a record (patient) and view the data relating to that patients previous assessments.

This is the part i am stuck on -
When the user searches and finds the record (patient) i have code to open a new form. I can either get the form to open in a new blank record which means the user has to enter the unique Pateint ID (which creates a margin for error)
I want the form to show the record (unique Patient ID) that they had searched for and then to allow them to enter a new assessment date for this Patient

Is this even possible??? I have been stuck on this for days!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom