Hi All, Billy here (1 Viewer)

BillCush

Local time
Today, 12:30
I'm fairly new to Access and needing some help.
I have an existing table with a large list of existing and former sales people with their relevant sales.
I am trying to create a combo box on the form (taken from the relevant query), that only lists the current sales team. The purpose is that when we get a new sale, we can choose the relevant sales person, without needing to scroll through a much larger list.
This is also the same for old, non-existing products in the relevant combo boxes ETC, but I trust it would be the same method
I have used the 'totals' option in order to remove duplicates, but I cannot find a way of removing previous sales people. However, I do not want to remove the previous sales people from the table.
Can anyone advise please

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 07:30
Welcome to AWF!

Normally, this thread is used for new members to introduce themselves and then ask questions in the appropriate forum. It appears you are asking a Form related question.

Since a lot of members here do not frequent the "Introduce Yourself" Forum, you might not get an answer in a timely fashion. I suggest reposting your question in the appropriate forum so you can get the answer you need.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 19:30
just add another field (yes/no) in your sales people table
to signify if he/she is still active.

same with product table.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:30
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

I agree with using a flag to designate active records. You can also use a date field for it.

BillCush

Local time
just add another field (yes/no) in your sales people table
to signify if he/she is still active.

same with product table.
Thank you so much, I will give this a try (I'm sure it'll work :)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:30
Hello, Billy, and welcome to the forum. I see you got an answer. Great!

For the record, and NOT AT ALL as any kind of slam against you, please post questions in the specific forums designated for problem topics. The Introduction forum is just for saying hello. You are new here and probably wouldn't have realized that as a first-time member. We know that and can immediately forgive you. (It ain't like we haven't seen it before.)

BillCush

Local time
Thank you so much, I will give this a try (I'm sure it'll work :)
I know this must may seem very basic, but how does one link the 'active' yes/no field with the employee field so that only the active employees appear in the combo box?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:30
In the combo box's .RowSource property, there is a SELECT query that tells the combo where to find the combo's choices and which fields to show. As part of that combo's source query, you can include a "WHERE ActiveFlag = TRUE" (and any other conditions that might be required). Or make up some other name for the field. Add that field to the table where the source query points. Then the boring part - visit each member of the table and set the box TRUE or FALSE as appropriate.

BillCush

Local time
In the combo box's .RowSource property, there is a SELECT query that tells the combo where to find the combo's choices and which fields to show. As part of that combo's source query, you can include a "WHERE ActiveFlag = TRUE" (and any other conditions that might be required). Or make up some other name for the field. Add that field to the table where the source query points. Then the boring part - visit each member of the table and set the box TRUE or FALSE as appropriate.
Thank you very much for your reply.. and you were right, I was not familiar with the posting process. So thank you for the heads-up and will of course use messaging for future questions. All the best, Billy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom