Solved Hi, Can you please help me in creating a query for payroll? (1 Viewer)

Local time
Tomorrow, 01:42
When I am running this query using “Between [Enter Start Date:] And [Enter End Date:]”.
Employee name, Designation, Department Attendance status (Including Present, Absent, Sunday, and Other Holiday) is repeating for every date.

I need the following output:

• 1-time Employee Name, Employee ID, Designation, and Department.
  • Total Number of Absents for each employee in Att_Status
  • Sum of overtime hours of each employee in field OTH_SH.
Thank you very much in advance!

Attachments

• Query Issue Runing.png
    Query Issue Runing.png
    91.7 KB · Views: 238
  • Query Issue.png
    Query Issue.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 437

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 16:42
you have ATTDATE as GROUP BY,
uncheck it and change it to WHERE
(cause you don't want to see every date)

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 15:42
You should do this by using 3 sub-queries:

sub1 - build a query using just the Attendance table. Bring down every field and use the current criteria you have underneath the Att_Date field (the ones where users enter dates). This query will limit the data to just the records you want based on the input timeframe.

sub2 - using sub1 as the source change the query to a Totals query (click the Sigma/Summation symbol), bring down the EmployeeID field twice and change one of them from GROUP BY to COUNT. Bring down the Att_Status field once, change it from GROUP BY to WHERE and make its criteria "Absent". This query will count the absences per employee.

sub3 - using sub1 as the source, change the query to a Totals query, bring down EmployeeID and OTH_SH. Change the GROUP BY under OTH_SH to SUM. This query will calculate total overtime hours per employee.

Now, you are ready to bring all the pieces together and make your query. Bring in Employe_Record, sub2 and sub3 . JOIN sub2 to Employee_Record via the EmployeeID fields and then change that JOIN to the option that shows all records from Employee_Record. Do the exact same thing to JOIN sub3 to Employee_Record. Then, bring down all the fields you want to for your query--any fiedl you want from Employee-Record and then the absences and total overtime hours from sub2 and sub3 respectively. This query should not be a Totals query, do not click the Sigma/Summation. Run it and you will have the results you want.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:42
SELECT A.Employee_ID, A.Employee_Name, A.Designation, A.Department,
Count(IIF(B.Att_Status="Present",1,Null)) As TotalPresent,
Count(IIF(B.Att_Status="Absent", 1, Null)) As TotalAbsent,
Sum(B.Oth_SH) As TotalOT
FROM Employee_Record AS A LEFT JOIN
Attendance AS B
ON A.Employee_ID = B.Employee_ID
WHERE B.Att_Date BETWEEN [Enter Start Date] AND [Enter End Date]
GROUP BY A.Employee_ID, A.Employee_Name, A.Designation, A.Department

Local time

sub1 - build a query using just the Attendance table. Bring down every field and use the current criteria you have underneath the Att_Date field (the ones where users enter dates). This query will limit the data to just the records you want based on the input timeframe.

sub2 - using sub1 as the source change the query to a Totals query (click the Sigma/Summation symbol), bring down the EmployeeID field twice and change one of them from GROUP BY to COUNT. Bring down the Att_Status field once, change it from GROUP BY to WHERE and make its criteria "Absent". This query will count the absences per employee.

sub3 - using sub1 as the source, change the query to a Totals query, bring down EmployeeID and OTH_SH. Change the GROUP BY under OTH_SH to SUM. This query will calculate total overtime hours per employee.

Now, you are ready to bring all the pieces together and make your query. Bring in Employe_Record, sub2 and sub3 . JOIN sub2 to Employee_Record via the EmployeeID fields and then change that JOIN to the option that shows all records from Employee_Record. Do the exact same thing to JOIN sub3 to Employee_Record. Then, bring down all the fields you want to for your query--any fiedl you want from Employee-Record and then the absences and total overtime hours from sub2 and sub3 respectively. This query should not be a Totals query, do not click the Sigma/Summation. Run it and you will have the results you want.
Thank you very much dear plog, Let me try this! I'll tell you after completing it successfully.

Local time
SELECT A.Employee_ID, A.Employee_Name, A.Designation, A.Department,
Count(IIF(B.Att_Status="Present",1,Null)) As TotalPresent,
Count(IIF(B.Att_Status="Absent", 1, Null)) As TotalAbsent,
Sum(B.Oth_SH) As TotalOT
FROM Employee_Record AS A LEFT JOIN
Attendance AS B
ON A.Employee_ID = B.Employee_ID
WHERE B.Att_Date BETWEEN [Enter Start Date] AND [Enter End Date]
GROUP BY A.Employee_ID, A.Employee_Name, A.Designation, A.Department
Thank you arnelgp for the response.

Local time

I've created sub1 please check this.

Attachments

• sub1.png
    sub1.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 407
Local time
You need to add the date criteria to this query.
I have created sub1, sub2 and sub3 according to your instructions. I got total number of absents of each employee, and total overtime hours for each employee. Its working! Thank you so much. Please guide me which criteria should I add to sub1?

Attachments

• sub1.png
    sub1.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 401
  • Sub2.png
    Sub2.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 406
  • Sub2Run.png
    Sub2Run.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 410
  • Sub3.png
    Sub3.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 416
  • Sub3Run.png
    Sub3Run.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 417

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
The date criteria from the query in your initial post of this thread.

sub3 isn't as I prescribed. Reread my instructions.

Local time

I've join sub2 to Employee_Record and sub3 to Employee_Record via EmployeeID then change the in the join Property All records from Employee Record. When I am running this Query an error appears. Please check attached screenshots.

Attachments

• ErrorOnRun.png
    ErrorOnRun.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 409
  • TestQuery.png
    TestQuery.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 413
  • Joining Sub 2 to Employee R.png
    Joining Sub 2 to Employee R.png
    92 KB · Views: 409
  • Joining Sub 3 to Employee R.png
    Joining Sub 3 to Employee R.png
    85.8 KB · Views: 407
Local time

I've join sub2 to Employee_Record and sub3 to Employee_Record via EmployeeID then change the in the join Property All records from Employee Record. When I am running this Query an error appears. Please check attached screenshots.
Should I create 4th Query for Employee_Record? and Then combine sub2, sub3 and Employee_Record Query in 5th Query? I am sorry I am confused. Please guide me.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
In your final query you did not JOIN sub2 correctly. You did JOIN sub3 correctly. Make the JOIN to sub2 look like the one to sub3.

sub2 should be have the same JOIN as sub3--you should show all records from Employee_Record and just those records that match in sub2

Local time
In your final query you did not JOIN sub2 correctly. You did JOIN sub3 correctly. Make the JOIN to sub2 look like the one to sub3.

sub2 should be have the same JOIN as sub3--you should show all records from Employee_Record and just those records that match in sub2
Please check this video clip. I am trying to join sub2 but its not happening.

Attachments

• Joints.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 422

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
I can't get that video to shwo anything.

You need to right click on the JOIN line between the 2 tables, then select the option to show all from Employee_Record. Can you upload a copy of the database?

Local time
I can't get that video to shwo anything.

You need to right click on the JOIN line between the 2 tables, then select the option to show all from Employee_Record. Can you upload a copy of the database?
#Solved
It was a task for my new job it was very important me to continue my job. Now I'll just create its report, print and submit tomorrow.
Thanks you so much to all for helping me! Special thanks to Mr. plog! Your way of explaining is excellent.

Attachments

• TQuerySolved.png
    TQuerySolved.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 399

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom