Hi from Durban SA (1 Viewer)

Gr8tstone

Local time
Today, 14:36
Hi All
I'm a real novice around access but really enjoy trying things out. I have written a fairly successful DB and managed to get a some spending money for it. I have however learned that what I produced was a real beginners DB.
I'm no coder but try create DB's to simplify my life as an IT administrator. Currently trying to create a DB to track the companies IT assets. Yes I have seen the templates that are downloadable but I feel the companies requirements are a bit unique. Hope that doesn't sound arrogant.

Anyway I have been in IT for some 20 odd yrs and did spend some time in London on contract as an It support engineer.
I live in Durban South Africa and when not begging the servers to behave themselves, I like spending time with my family. We are fortunate to have great weather all yr round and therefore the beach is always an attractive alternative to TV and couch referee'ing.

Am looking forward to learning from this site.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:36
Hi Gr8tstone, welcome to AWF.

Most requirements are unique, however the templates can provide a good start and an example of how to do something specific.

However I do find the templates lacking in that the Microsoft DB templates have the address/contacts/employee tables in one template in a completely different set-up to those in another template, which I find very strange and it makes combining different templates to make a solution more difficult than it needs to be, and something which I think Microsoft have completely messed up as usual!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom