Hi from Shropshire in the UK (1 Viewer)

GregMiller

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:09
I am pretty ancient by most standards! I programmed in PL/1 and IBM BAL almost 50 years ago ... yes computers had been invented then but they were kept in air conditioned rooms and could be seen through a window from the viewing corridor. My career subsequently broadened but I retained an interest in computers and when desk-top computers arrived I often found myself helping colleagues to make the damn things do what they wanted them to do. I first used Microsoft Access about 20 years ago and more recently I have been trying to harness the power of MS Access to do more complex tasks. I often find myself knowing what I am trying to achieve and being sure that the computer would be able to do it if only I could work out how to code the necessary instructions into MS Access

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Welcome to AWF!

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 05:09
I first used Microsoft Access about 20 years ago
that was 1999. i started in 1992 with access version 1.0. I was 12 years old. so you worked on mainframes, we're guessing? if ur ancient, you might connect well with The_Doc_Man. :) richard, if you're looking at this, I didn't mean anything by that!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi Greg. Welcome to AWF!

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 10:09
Hi Greg.
We have many members at different levels of experience, both young and old.
Glad to have you join us....what took you so long?

GregMiller

Registered User.
Local time
that was 1999. i started in 1992 with access version 1.0. so you worked on mainframes, we're guessing?

Yes IBM 360 series and 370 series with a good deal less computing power than you might find in any wearable tech today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom