Hi! (1 Viewer)

Papa_Bear1

Local time
Today, 08:28
I'm Papa_Bear1 and I'm just introducing myself to AccessWorld.
I've been programming in Access since I can remember (... the early 90s... ;-)

I think it is a fantastic realm to live in. I've been singing the praises of MS Access for many years.
I do admit that having used it for so long, I find there are times when seemingly simple things are difficult and they can go for years without being resolved or addressed - but - it is hard to complain - as those are few and far between, compared to the positives and the number of complicated problems that were easily solved in Access.

I hope I can help, and be helped, here at AccessWorld.

Thanks,
Papa_Bear

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:28
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Papa_Bear1

Local time
Thanks - looking forward to starting here (rather than Google) for my occasional Access questions... should be interesting.

Papa_Bear1

Local time
Thanks all!
So - dumb question - do you use the "@" prefix to refer to usernames - or is that not used here?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:28
You can and I think the person will get a ping if you do. It's actually new to this forum, which just changed its underlying software, so most of us probably don't think about it. In my case, old dog-new trick. :p

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 12:28
@Papa_Bear1
My understanding is also that using the @ prefix means the member gets an alert that they were mentioned in a post.
You should receive an alert in this case

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:28
Hey, papa bear. We can hope that this place will become a Goldilocks zone for you where everything is just right.

Papa_Bear1

Local time
Hey, papa bear. We can hope that this place will become a Goldilocks zone for you where everything is just right.
Indeed ---- ;-)
I just ran into a problem - we'll see if I can figure out where/how to post it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom