Hide Field Names in Datasheet View? (1 Viewer)

winpooh5

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:33
Hi. Is there any way to hide Field Names in Datasheet View? My Main Form has some nested subforms (subdatasheets) and it's irritating when the Field Names always appear when they're not needed. Any ideas? Thanks for any suggestions.

smercer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:33
When in form view, right click on the field header, then choose "Hide Column". Don't forget to save by pressing Ctl+S while form is still selected otherwise it will go back to what it was before you choose to hide it.

winpooh5

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Smercer for your reply. I'm aware that columns can be hidden, but what I want to hide is just the Name of the Column (not the column itself).

smercer

Registered User.
Local time
winpooh5 said:
Thanks Smercer for your reply. I'm aware that columns can be hidden, but what I want to hide is just the Name of the Column (not the column itself).
Try this: Change the fields label caption to [" "] include the quotation marks and not the square brackets

Try this with and without a space between the quotation marks

If the quotation marks show, use a space and no quotation marks

Last edited:

winpooh5

Registered User.
Local time
Your suggestions were interesting. The 3rd option of only [using a space, no quotation marks] in the control name property (since control labels don't show up in datasheet view) yielded a blank field name, which is probably what you had intended.

But what I'm looking for is to hide the entire row of field names (column names) in the datasheet, so that I don't have any field names (blank or otherwise) separating my nested subforms. Anyway... heh heh, the [blank space name] doesn't work for the entire row as duplicate names aren't allowed.

smercer

Registered User.
Local time
winpooh5 said:
Your suggestions were interesting. The 3rd option of only [using a space, no quotation marks] in the control name property (since control labels don't show up in datasheet view) yielded a blank field name, which is probably what you had intended.

But what I'm looking for is to hide the entire row of field names (column names) in the datasheet, so that I don't have any field names (blank or otherwise) separating my nested subforms. Anyway... heh heh, the [blank space name] doesn't work for the entire row as duplicate names aren't allowed.
You mis understood my last post "Change the fields label caption " Not the name. the caption is what shows in the field name header, and always replaces the field name.

winpooh5

Registered User.
Local time
Actually, I did change the label caption, except that labels don't show up in datasheet view. So I had to change the name instead, which created the same result - a blank field name.

But regardless of the method, the result still creates a somewhat blank row (previously visible field names) that separates my nested subforms..... I want to hide this entire row, whether it's blank or not.

smercer

Registered User.
Local time
I think I know what you want now, but I dont think it is possible. You could proberbly try to delete the labels and see what happens...

winpooh5

Registered User.
Local time
I had previously deleted most of the Labels since they are not visible in Datasheet view... so, even with all Labels deleted, it's still the same.

From the start, I wasn't too hopeful that this would even be possible, but thought I'd give it a shot on the forum. Given the inflexibilities of Nested Subforms (my original plan was to use Continuous Forms view but Access wouldn't allow it, so 2nd choice was this Datasheet view w/ even less customization...), I'm redesigning the user interface to use several Subforms (not nested) instead.

But many thanks for your input, Smercer. I appreciate it.

jleval

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:33
I have found that the best way to do this is by leaving the form inform view. After this, you can place text boxes as close together as possible and stack them vertically. Delete all the labels. In a way this emulates the column view without the column name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom