Hide Row if nothing entered for date (1 Viewer)

unclegusy2k

Local time
Today, 23:35
I'm trying to produce a report that would only show expenses that have been entered in date so if I only have 2 expenses for April i don't want it to show me 30 days of rows with only 2 expenses if that makes sense? I'm sorry I'm new to this and slowly getting to learn this.

My date field is called Working Date

the other two fields are Expense & Expense Amount

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• example.jpg
    example.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 146

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
So the criteria for the source would be your date field not being null.
However, I would have thought you would only have records where expenses have been entered?

unclegusy2k

Local time
So the criteria for the source would be your date field not being null.
However, I would have thought you would only have records where expenses have been entered?
I have a table where I enter my mileage everyday and on some days I have expenses some I don't so wanted a report to show just my expenses and another report to show my mileage etc

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:35
After re-reading the post, I think the problem might be better served if your source query for the report generator code does the exclusion based on a WHERE clause that just doesn't select those records that you don't want to see.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:35
Why do you have all those records with only a date but no other data? Sure, you can use criteria in the report to ignore them but they shouldn't be there to begin with. WHAT is causing them to be added?

unclegusy2k

Local time
Why do you have all those records with only a date but no other data? Sure, you can use criteria in the report to ignore them but they shouldn't be there to begin with. WHAT is causing them to be added?
I have a table where I enter my mileage every day and on some days I have expenses some I don't so want a report to show just my expenses and another report to show my mileage etc

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:35
Then use two queries with different criteria if the two are reported separately.
Select ... From ...
Where Expenses Is Not Null

Select ... From ...
Where Mileage is Not Null

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom