Hide/Show Footer on Print (1 Viewer)

MattBaldry

Self Taught, Learn from the Forums
Local time
Today, 13:29
Hi all,

I have a report where I want to hide/show the report footer depending on a single field. When I preview the report, the code works fine. But if I direct print, it fails, unless I have previewed it first. This is an issue when I export to PDF and email as I do not preview the report first. I have the below code in both the Format and Print event procedures.

Code:
    If Me.txtNotes <> "" Then

Me.ReportFooter.Visible = True
        Else
        Me.ReportFooter.Visible = False
    End If

Has anyone tried this before and managed to find an easy solution, or am I putting this in the wrong even procedure? I tried it in the footer section events, but that didn't work at all.

~Matt

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:29
I've never tried. But why not open in PrintPreview first anyway? Report can be not visible to user.

MattBaldry

Local time
I've never tried. But why not open in PrintPreview first anyway? Report can be not visible to user.
Hi June,

If the PrintPreview option is the only solution, then I will do it this way. I was just hoping someone might know if I have put the code in the wrong event to make it work.

~Matt

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
I would expect it to work with footer Format and/or Print event. You say it does work if PrintPreview first but not direct to print/PDF. I cannot explain why.

MattBaldry

Local time
I would expect it to work with footer Format and/or Print event. You say it does work if PrintPreview first but not direct to print/PDF. I cannot explain why.
It is strange. After previewing it, the export to PDF works. I am not that fussed now until the new year as I finish in 40 minutes :)

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Events of the report footer section?

MattBaldry

Local time
Events of the report footer section?
I have tried the report footer, and the page header. And the detail. I get the same result whichever location I put the code in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom