Hiding the date picker from date fields (1 Viewer)

penfold1992

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:10
Hello all,

As a perfectionist, I have a problem with the design of my query...
The query is there to query data, not to edit data or manipulate data in anyway. However, I am disgusted by the appearance of the date picker when I pick a field that is a date field.

I understand some guys can put up with that kinda thing but frankly I cant imagine why!

Is there a way to hide/remove these date pickers from the query sheet?
within the table itself I turned the "Show date picker" property to "Never" but that didnt make a difference. Anyone know of a way to remove it?

mnunan

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

I don't know if there is a way to turn it off in queries like you can in tables and forms but I have found that if I use a expression in the query (for example I use two expressions to put the date and time from a date/time field into two separate fields like dd/mm/yyyy and hh:nn:ss) then the date picker does not show for the new date field.

Not sure if that is any use to you or not!

penfold1992

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

I don't know if there is a way to turn it off in queries like you can in tables and forms but I have found that if I use a expression in the query (for example I use two expressions to put the date and time from a date/time field into two separate fields like dd/mm/yyyy and hh:nn:ss) then the date picker does not show for the new date field.

Not sure if that is any use to you or not!

Ah!!! Perfect. (well.. almost :p)

instead, in the expression you can use....
[Expression Name]: [Date Field] & ""

the only problem is that [Expression Name] <> [Date Field]

but other then that... PERFECT!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom