How as the forum helped you, and Who has influenced you the most! (1 Viewer)

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
Today, 11:56
I thought this would be a sweet thread that can't be hijacked or twisted into a political battleground.

How has the forum helped me and who has influenced me the most.

The forum has helped me learn a great deal about access and VBA code. Rural Guy, Pat, SJ, Matty, Ghudson! They are awesome! There are many many more, but those stick out the most.

They have all helped out a lot by reading their post on the subject.

I have also learned about politics, religion, gun control and death penalty. I’ve learned my beliefs are WAY different from most on here. Us Colonials, for the most part, believe in citizens having guns, as long as they are properly trained and acquired them legally. There are a few of us that don’t. But that is ok, that is the great thing about being an American, Freedom of choice. :D

I have also learned a great deal about grammar, vocabulary usage and writting styles.

Kraj has been a great influence to me when it comes to my writing ability. “Him has taught me good Englishes.” ;) All joking aside, he has helped me come out of my shell, and stand up for myself more. I feel I am a bit more articulate when it comes to my writing. I may not have the large vocabulary that some of the forum goers have, but I feel that I can get my point across without having to use a thesaurus, and trying to speak over peoples heads.

Col has helped me with my Queen’s English. He is helping me to speak proper English. No contractions, ‘t’s shouldn’t sound like ‘b’s, tea should be drank hot and at least 6 times a day, and English Terms, etc. No buck-ing-ham palace. ;)

Lisa, helped me as well, but I will not reveal how. She knows what she did. :D

Rich as also been sweet to me on occasion, Well, I won’t spoil his reputation, so I wont’ boast too much.

Fuzzy, is hilarious, and weaves a great story

Ms. Gorilla, was very encouraging and helpful in my job thread

Kenny boy! Well, he is a fellow southern and we have quit a few of the same beliefs. He backs me up with Rich and Col get a bit aggressive! He is great back up.

For those that didnt' get mentioned, this time around, they will later on in the thread.

Well, that is enough from me. I want to hear what others have to say.

No flames please, keep this a nice thread!!!!

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 16:56
selenau837 said:
I thought this would be a sweet thread that can't be hijacked or twisted into a political battleground.

We'll see:D :cool:

I have also learned a great deal about grammar, vocabulary usage and witting styles.
Not quite there yet:D ;) :D

Col has helped me with my Queen’s English. He is helping me to speak proper English. No contractions, ‘t’s shouldn’t sound like ‘b’s, tea should be drank hot and at least 6 times a day, and English Terms, etc. No buck-ing-ham palace. ;)
One tries ones best:D

Col

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Today, 08:56
I have learned tolerance of others differant to myself. Particularly in the watercooler.

selenau837

Local time
Well, I fixed it.... :p and witting just have been a Freaudian slip....:eek:

I did say I learned quit a bit, not that I am perfect like you. :p

KenHigg

Local time
selenau837 said:
Kenny boy! Well, he is a fellow southern and we have quit a few of the same beliefs. He backs me up with Rich and Col get a bit aggressive! He is great back up.

Got your back sista' ;)

(You're a hoot...:) )

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Today, 08:56
Sorry I forgot to say influenced by Col and Rich most.

selenau837

Local time
Pauldohert said:

Ruh roh, is that good or bad?? How exaclty have they influenced you. :eek: :D

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 16:56
Pauldohert said:
Just think how boring it would be here if Rich and I wern't here;)

Col

selenau837

Local time
Ok, gotta add Dan now.

He taught me how to fight with claws out, and not draw too much blood. He taught me it is possible to stand toe to toe with Rich. :D

He has also been a help to the lazy husbands around here to help them buy nifty tools for their wives. :eek: :cool:

One day those threads will make it to your wifes hands.....:D

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 17:56
selenau837 said:

Did you get the Cobol job ?;)

R

Rich

selenau837 said:
I
Well that's most unusual for a member of the female species, are you feeling ill?:confused:

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Rich said:
Well that's most unusual for a member of the female species, are you feeling ill?:confused:

Rich, Selena was spreading some warm feelings around in her post, I would not consider that illness, but maybe some people can't handle that :rolleyes:

selenau837

Local time
rak said:
Did you get the Cobol job ?;)

I don't know yet, it will be about another 2 weeks. :( So far, they keep telling me they are getting positive feed back from my interview.

selenau837

Local time
Thank you Rak...for standing up for me. See there are some men around here who can stand up for us females..... :D

Thank you Rak!!

selenau837

Local time
Rich said:

No I'm not ill Richy boy!!! Spread some love too...

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
OK, keep yur fingers crossed then ;)

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
selenau837 said:
Thank you Rak...for standing up for me. See there are some men around here who can stand up for us females..... :D

Thank you Rak!!

Avec plaisir mon cherie :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom