Solved How can I Hide Access And only view Forms (1 Viewer)

khodor

Local time
Tomorrow, 01:28
Hi,
How can I hide access and only view forms Just like software
I Tried to do that by maximizing Forms but when you close the form, access is been viewed in the background

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:28
Hi. Lots of threads discussing and showing how to do that. However, for some people (me included), it turns out to be too much trouble than it's worth. But if you want to give it a try, good luck to you. Let me know if you can't find any links on the subject, and I'll be happy to point you to one of them.

khodor

Local time
I searched for that and found a bit of complexity in it, is there an easy way for that?
During my simple experience in the world of Excel and Access, I found that there are things that can be done in a difficult way and can be done in an easy way, it remains to find someone to help you with that. :D :D

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I searched for that and found a bit of complexity in it, is there an easy way for that?
During my simple experience in the world of Excel and Access, I found that there are things that can be done in a difficult way and can be done in an easy way, it remains to find someone to help you with that. :D :D
Hi. You are correct. The "complex" way will allow you to control a lot, while the "easy" way will not be so sophisticated, but may be enough for your needs. Here's what you need to do for the "easy" way.
  1. Go to Database Options and set your Document Window Options to Tabbed Documents, but uncheck Show Document Tabs
  2. In your startup code, add the following line: DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarNo
  3. Open your application and Restore the Access database Window to match the size of your Form
  4. Close your app and open it again to verify the result

khodor

Local time
Hi @theDBguy, I tried this way, The access is still visible in the background, but this fulfills the need because it has hidden the contents as I want, thank you very much

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi, I tried this way, The access is still visible in the background, but this fulfills the need because it has hidden the contents as I want, thank you very much
Good luck with your project.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Hi, I tried this way, The access is still visible in the background, but this fulfills the need because it has hidden the contents as I want, thank you very much
Awesome! Glad it helped.

Yeah, I've been told that "technically" I'm not really hiding the Access shell by doing that.
Except, the Access shell is perfectly behind form, and is same size, so if a tree falls in the forest and nobody hears it, did it still fall? LOL

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 23:28
Have a look at my example database

It uses the code in the link given by @Minty in post #4 plus some additional features.

I use this code in many of my applications and it works well. The application interface can be completely hidden so forms are left 'floating on the desktop'. Personally I don't think its a lot of effort to setup

1612554751886.png

Last edited:

khodor

Local time
I have additional step @theDBguy which is:
5. set quit access when the user closes the main form.
Then no one will know about that tree @Isaac LOL
But @theDBguy, If I want to enter the access again how can I do that?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
But @theDBguy, If I want to enter the access again how can I do that?
I think you're asking how to use the regular Access application normally again, right? Just open it and then Maximize it. Or you could add some code to your startup to Maximize the app on certain login or condition that's only applicable to you.

khodor

Local time
I think you're asking how to use the regular Access application normally again, right? Just open it and then Maximize it. Or you could add some code to your startup to Maximize the app on certain login or condition that's only applicable to you.
yes, I added a button in the main form with this code for editing later:
Code:
DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarYes
Thanks Again

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
yes, I added a button in the main form with this code for editing later:
Code:
DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarYes
Thanks Again
Good job!

Ihk

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:28
Hi. You are correct. The "complex" way will allow you to control a lot, while the "easy" way will not be so sophisticated, but may be enough for your needs. Here's what you need to do for the "easy" way.
  1. Go to Database Options and set your Document Window Options to Tabbed Documents, but uncheck Show Document Tabs
  2. In your startup code, add the following line: DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarNo
  3. Open your application and Restore the Access database Window to match the size of your Form
  4. Close your app and open it again to verify the result
@theDBguy this is old thread, but relevant.
I was looking for hiding access app interface and came across. I liked this, the best of this is it is flexible. user can minimize, maximize according to their screen especially on the main form (dashboard).
Here I have question.
In my case I am using this code on two forms: 1) login page 2) Mainform / dashboard.
1. Login page is smaller size, adjust to open in middle of screen.
2. Dashboard goes to maximize and fits to window.
When user exits the app from dashboard, because it was of maximize size (while exiting), When user opens the app again, then my login form also goes maximized size. Access remembers the the last window size, when was closed.
I want, at least in the beginning it should open in smaller size to login page (login form).

In addition, login form has link to user registration form. which is again of different size, then access window stays at different size and registration form of different size.
what do you suggest?

Last edited:

Ihk

Local time
Have a look at my example database Control Application Interface - Mendip Data Systems
It uses the code in the link given by @Minty in post #4 plus some additional features.

I use this code in many of my applications and it works well. The application interface can be completely hidden so forms are left 'floating on the desktop'. Personally I don't think its a lot of effort to setup

View attachment 88966
@isladogs Very nice effort. As said above, I was looking for hiding access app interface and came across.
I downloaded your app version 3.55 (SetWindows - v3.55). Tried to implement, it gives code compilation error, code incompatible with version.
I have ms access 2021 profession version 64bit.
And end users who will have accde file, will have different versions 2016 mostly but some with 32bit, and some 64bit. I always create two versions of accde 32bit and 64bit and send both to all users.
How to solve this "Setwinows" to hide app interface.

Last edited:

Jason Lee Hayes

Local time
Today, 23:28
I also use the API technique to achieve this and a lot of work has been done from the guys in this forum to promote such a thing. Before you decide on a method you use if any; you ideally should consider this requirement in your project as a nicety or a necessity because you will need to digest and understand some complex code. For those familiar with VBA its quite straight forward however when you have a complex project it can get a little daunting. I usually complete the project then once happy add all the nicety at the latter stages... Good Luck with your project...

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
@theDBguy this is old thread, but relevant.
I was looking for hiding access app interface and came across. I liked this, the best of this is it is flexible. user can minimize, maximize according to their screen especially on the main form (dashboard).
Here I have question.
In my case I am using this code on two forms: 1) login page 2) Mainform / dashboard.
1. Login page is smaller size, adjust to open in middle of screen.
2. Dashboard goes to maximize and fits to window.
When user exits the app from dashboard, because it was of maximize size (while exiting), When user opens the app again, then my login form also goes maximized size. Access remembers the the last window size, when was closed.
I want, at least in the beginning it should open in smaller size to login page (login form).

In addition, login form has link to user registration form. which is again of different size, then access window stays at different size and registration form of different size.
what do you suggest?
Hi. Does it help if before you close the maximized windows you issue the restore command first?

Reactions: Ihk

Ihk

Local time
Hi. Does it help if before you close the maximized windows you issue the restore command first?
Thank you very much. Restore command worked. Now app opens on it orginal 1st form size. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom