Solved How can I modify the Microsoft Goods Template Database (1 Viewer)

CallumMascall

Local time
Today, 12:12
Hi there,

Apologies if this has been asked before, I couldn't find anything on it.

I have downloaded the Microsoft Goods Database, it is extremely close to being exactly what my company needs bar a few tiny modifications (another combo box on the purchase order form so i can select who the recipient of the order is and a report of the purchase order form).

Being able to do this would benefit us incredibly and we would be extremely grateful if anyone is able to tell me a way i can go about modifying this database or even provide a modifiable version of this as i am not able to get into design view on any of the forms/tables etc. just in layout view and i cannot modify the things i need to :(

I understand templates are only that, templates, but with it being so close to what we need, being able to just modify it slightly would be perfect

Thanks in advance

Callum

Last edited:

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 20:12
it is written as Web app.
you can create New Database and Import all the Objects
from that database (do not include the tables that starts with Msys).
after importing, you can now edit the forms, reports, etc.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:12
I'm not sure that will work. I hope it will but I don't think so. There is no way to convert a standard Access FE to a web FE so I'm pretty sure that you can't convert a web FE to a standard Access FE. You can import the tables and use the design concepts of the web app to give you a leg up but you'll probably be building them from scratch.

Please let us know if you can do a conversion by simply importing objects.

CallumMascall

Local time
I'm not sure that will work. I hope it will but I don't think so. There is no way to convert a standard Access FE to a web FE so I'm pretty sure that you can't convert a web FE to a standard Access FE. You can import the tables and use the design concepts of the web app to give you a leg up but you'll probably be building them from scratch.

Please let us know if you can do a conversion by simply importing objects.
Hi there, i managed to get it to work! you can't import web based objects but what you can do is open each web based form, table etc and then do File\ Save As\ Save Object As\ Save As Client Object

What this does mean is you have to do it for every single object in the database that is web based and you do end up with duplicates of everything as you obviously have one of everything thats web based and a copy of it that is client based. What this does mean however is you can now import all of those client based objects into a new database and it works perfectly with 0 issues, you can also edit it in design view and do everything you need to.

Like i say, you have to do it for every single object, it gets tedious, but it worked a charm and got me to exactly where i wanted to be!

vhung

Local time
Today, 05:12
That's nice
>when things work-out for the common good/goal
>that's the basic to do if you can't modify the original accdb then import the unhide (tbls, frms, qrys, rprts, modules, macros)
to the NEW accdb file: exclude system objects

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:12
That's good to know but are you also getting the event code?

CallumMascall

Local time
That's good to know but are you also getting the event code?

Yep you get all the code, macros etc. it all works perfectly. I converted all the macros to VBA and am in the process of tweaking it to my company's needs

Good news, there were several templates for the AWA that I thought might be useful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom