how do have a lookup w/o a main form and subform? (1 Viewer)

gino

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:27
right now i have a form and a subform. the main form is used for a lookup and the subform is used for data entry. the main form looks up employee name and the subform is all the records that exist for that employee.

how do i get the same concept w/ one form? if anyone know how to do this please reply to this message. thanks in advance.....

Carol

Registered User.
Local time
You should not be able to in a one-to-many relationship which is what you have here. The best way to achieve what you want is to change the layout feature of the subform so that it appears as though it is part of the main form. Click on design view of your main form and click on the subform outline. This will open the properties sheet. For the form have its Special Effect set to Flat, Border Style set to Transparent and Border Width set to Hairline. This might help you achieve the look that you want.

gino

Registered User.
Local time
what i am trying achieve to get rid of the main form. its not looks that bother me but having a form w/ sub form effects print jobs..........

Hoa Le

Local time
What you need to do is instead of a main form and a subform, make a single form whose record source is a table, tEmployee. Next, in the form's header create a combo box (using Combo box Wizard) whose lookup value is the field EmployeeName of tEmployee. When an employee name is selected, the form will display matching detail data of that employee, provided all fields of the table are in the detail section of the form. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom