HOW I CAN SAVE AND LOAD A GIF PHOTOS IN MY DATABASE! (1 Viewer)

MicroAbdel

Local time
Today, 15:44
Hi there;
I running for a big problem I'm trying to play GIF animation into windows media player all works fine, the problem when I moved my database directory to other place , and reopened the database GIF won't work if I deleted the GIF from my PC
I want a GIF file to be in database so if I removed local source of it , the database should load my GIF AND PLAY IT!
Pls any tips and tricks so if I moved my database only, GIF should be played in other computers

MicroAbdel

Local time
Possibly use an attachment column type?
Hi Issa, tnx for replying;
I don't really know how to link an attachment of a table with windows media player in a form, any tips or links to help me out rly appreciate it

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
first step maybe save gif with database by using attachment column type and storing file with table.

next step later to load gif. step by step.

MicroAbdel

Local time
first step maybe save gif with database by using attachment column type and storing file with table.

next step later to load gif. step by step.
first step done , second step is the problem how to link an attachment with windows media player

Attachments

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg
    817.3 KB · Views: 114

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:44
use Webbrowser Control to play your annimated gif.

MicroAbdel

Local time
use Webbrowser Control to play your annimated gif.
Hi arnelgp;
i used but the problem when i want to copy my database and paste it to other pc GIF won't work cuz GIF file doesn't load or in database as a source

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:44
see this demo (a2019).

Attachments

• animated_gif.accdb
    1.6 MB · Views: 172

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Good job on the first step! So in my original idea The next step would be to write code to grab the attachment from where it's stored in the table and play it. You can use arnell's method or you can just queue up Windows Media player and play it using code

MicroAbdel

Local time
Good job on the first step! So in my original idea The next step would be to write code to grab the attachment from where it's stored in the table and play it. You can use arnell's method or you can just queue up Windows Media player and play it using code
Thanks you isaac, i don't know nothing about coding in vba , but i will try to get an idea how it's work, if u have any vba tutorial about attachment share it with me really appreciate it <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom