How to check when Form Preview is closed? (1 Viewer)

martin155

Local time
Today, 22:21
Hi, I am opening the print preview from form and I would like to know when user closes the preview so I can close the form window from VBA. Is it possible to somehow check when the Preview is closed? Thank you

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:21
you may try the Form's timer event to check if the report is still open:

private sub form_timer()
if syscmd(acSysCmdGetObjectState,acreport,"report_name")=0 then
'preview or report is close
end if
end sub

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 21:21
Hi, I am opening the print preview from form and I would like to know when user closes the preview so I can close the form window from VBA. Is it possible to somehow check when the Preview is closed? Thank you
If you open a report in Print Preview you could use the reports Close event to close the form.

martin155

Local time
Today, 22:21
I am opening the Form in Print Preview. So I would have to use the Report instead in order to be able to do this?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 14:21
My advice would be to approach these types of situations by simply disabling the red X (close) button on the form and explicitly coding a command button, both to open in print preview as well as close - that way you're in control and can do everything needed in the button's click event, rather than having to hook into events. However, I've never tried to "print preview a form" before so that's about the only advice I can give.
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom