How To Create A REPORT From A FORM (1 Viewer)

lhooker

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:54
Is it possible to create a REPORT from a FORM ? If so, please tell me how. Thanks ! ! !

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:54
Hi. Not sure why you would want to, but try SaveAs or Save Object As.

Sent from phone...

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 08:54
Yes you can in several ways.
For example, open the form, then do Save As...Report.
However, the end result may not be quite what you want as reports have a different purpose to forms.
It is usually better to create a report from 'scratch'

lhooker

Registered User.
Local time
Hi. Not sure why you would want to, but try SaveAs or Save Object As.

Sent from phone...

DBguy, The reason is . . . to keep from creating a report from scratch. Unless there an option to print the form with the information on the form.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
DBguy, The reason is . . . to keep from creating a report from scratch. Unless there an option to print the form with the information on the form.
Hi. Thanks for explaining. Forms are usually designed optimized for the screen. On the other hand, reports are usually designed optimized for paper. So, I never considered saving time creating a report from scratch, because they usually won't look anything like my forms anyway. Good luck.

Did the SaveAs approach work for you?

lhooker

Registered User.
Local time
theDBguy/isladogs,

It appears to look like the form. Now, all I have to do is map the textboxes. Thanks for your help ! ! !

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
theDBguy/isladogs,

It appears to look like the form. Now, all I have to do is map the textboxes. Thanks for your help ! ! !
Hi. Glad to hear it worked for you. Good luck with the rest of your project.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 08:54
If you use the report wizard, it only takes a few seconds to create a functional report that you can then tweak further in design view.

What does map the text boxes mean?

Anyway, forms can be printed directly from the File menu or the quick Access toolbar. If you really wanted to do this often, you could add a print button to the form

lhooker

Registered User.
Local time
theDBguy/isladogs,

Well, the both you both attention to my attempt to do something that might work. I learn the hard way, it did not. isladogs, what I meant by "mapping to the textbox" is to point the textbox to the data. I discovered last night that what I'm trying could easily be done by printing the form. This gives me exactly I need. Initially, I did not see this, but found out later last night. When I checked this form this morning, I see that isladogs had already suggested this. Well, Thanks again to both of you ! ! ! I'm on the right track now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom