how to display two count values in a field. (1 Viewer)

Siegfried

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:10
Dear experts,

Calling once more on your expertise.

I have a form that lists all employees (FrmEmployees.EmployeeID) with their job title (JobTitleID).
I want to display on the form in a separate field the total employee count of the hired employees and, if so applicable any temp seperately .
Example: we have 44 permanently employed staff, and presently 2 hired temps. So the count would be (44/2). When the temp contract(s) ended then the count would show (44).

Can anyone guide on how to approch this? VBA, concantenate two query counts?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Siegfried

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 13:10
Something like this

Code:
="(" & DCount("*","tblEmployees") & "/" & DCount("*","tblEmployees", "JobTitleID = 'Temp'") & ")"

Substitute table name & field names as appropriate

Last edited:

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 20:10
Something like :

="(" & dcount("*","employee_table","[employment status field]='permanent' and isnull([separation from company date field])") & iif(dount("*", "employee_table","[employment status field]='temp' and IsNull([separation from company date field]")=0, "", "/" & dount("*", "employee_table","[employment status field]='temp' and IsNull([separation from company date field]")) & ")"

Siegfried

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks colin but I'm getting a value 44/44, being both total count of employees...(?)

Code:
=DCount("*";"TblEmployees") & "/" & DCount("*";"TblEmployees";"JobTitleID - '12'")

12 being the temp job title.

I'm want to achieve total count 44 and when we have a interim worker (temp) to show that additional as / count.
Our present staff count is 44 permanent and 2 interim workers, hence (44/2).
If the interim workers end their temporary contract the count will show (44) not (44/).

kind regards,

Siegfried

Siegfried

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Arnelgp,

What do you mean with [separation from company date field]?

Kind regards,
Siegfried

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Thanks colin but I'm getting a value 44/44, being both total count of employees...(?)

Code:
=DCount("*";"TblEmployees") & "/" & DCount("*";"TblEmployees";"JobTitleID - '12'")

12 being the temp job title.

I'm want to achieve total count 44 and when we have a interim worker (temp) to show that additional as / count.
Our present staff count is 44 permanent and 2 interim workers, hence (44/2).
If the interim workers end their temporary contract the count will show (44) not (44/).

kind regards,

Siegfried

I've corrected an error in my post. Should be equals sign after jobtitleID
As it's a number field, remove the single quotes around '12'

Siegfried

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Colin.
This helped out.

Code:
=DCount("*";"tblEmployees";"functionFK<>12") & "/" & DCount("*";"tblEmployees";"functionFK=12")

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 20:10
Dont you record the date when an employee leaves permanently or you just delete their record. Thats what the field means. Only those employee currently active will be included.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Thanks Colin.
This helped out.

Code:
=DCount("*";"tblEmployees";"functionFK<>12") & "/" & DCount("*";"tblEmployees";"functionFK=12")

Glad it worked out for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom