How to do multiple search in a form (1 Viewer)

zonexs123

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:52
Hi All,

I have a access database which mainly deal in searching items from a table through form. I have a search field on a form which search the record through query however there is another search field (marked in Yellow colored) doesn't search the required item from the list search through first search box.

What I want that the second search field should also work to search further from the searched list.

I shall be much obliged if this would be possible and solved. Thank you so much in advance.

Santosh

Attachments

• Search Tracker.zip
    93.9 KB · Views: 68

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 19:22
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry I've only got Access '03 here so can't open your DB. Perhaps the sample posted here will give you some pointers.

zonexs123

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you so much John for your prompt help :)

Well, I used the same concept as you suggested however the second search option demands on selection done in frame. I am unable to code for second search field :(

What I want that there should be another search field same as first one ("Search For") like that. I don't want to use the frame like option.

I have now attached the 2003 version.. hope this will work and once again thanks for your help in advance.

Santosh

Attachments

• Search Tracker.zip
    77.3 KB · Views: 68
  • image.JPG
    image.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 85

zonexs123

Registered User.
Local time
Can anybody help me out here..... I am in urgent need of solution on above query.... Thanks

zonexs123

Registered User.
Local time
Can anyone help me out here.... I am unable to solve above problem....

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 19:22
What you need to do is have a Query for your First search box, and then a second query that uses the results of the first as it's source which is then further filtered by your second search box. See the attached.

Additionally you have a very De-Normalised table structure. I would strongly suggest that you normalise your table structure prior to advancing any further with your project.

Attachments

• Search Tracker.zip
    80 KB · Views: 95

zonexs123

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you soooooooo....much John :)
You are really a STAR and you deserved it...really !!!

This is what I was looking for... exactly.... however the table still need to be normalize as the source data was from excel sheet...and dumped to access table as it is.

Your advise would be very helpful on this.... Thanks again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom