Solved How to edit filtered records on a single form (1 Viewer)

Papashep

Local time
Today, 16:20
I have a Single form showing a customer record with a subform showing orders for that customer.
When I go through the customer records one at a time, I can edit the customer record etc.
But when I apply a filter to reduce the number of customer records available to me on this form, I cannot edit the FILTERED customer records.
How can I overcome this problem?
The records are filtered using a SQL SELECT statement.
Apart from not being able to edit records when a filter is applied the form works perfectly.

Last edited:

Papashep

Local time
Thanks ,I did have DISTINCT in my filter query, I removed this, but it had no effect.
I also noticed that once I apply a filter, then clear it I can no longer edit any of my customer records without closing and re-opening the form.

Papashep

Local time
If the Me.filterOn = true you cannot edit any of the filtered records.
I solved my problem by creating an edit button to call another form that allows me to edit the desired customer record and then return back to the filtered records when I close this new form.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:20
If the Me.filterOn = true you cannot edit any of the filtered records.
Hi. Glad to hear you got it sorted out, but I think that is not a True statement. To verify this, please check if FilterOn = True on your other form.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:20
Turning a filter on does not make the form not updateable. There is something else at play here. If you post the db, we might be able to figure out what it is.

Don't forget to obfuscate any sensitive data first though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom