How to group report in more than one field? (1 Viewer)

volticz

Local time
Today, 10:26
I have a report with many textboxes in the detail section that read from a single query. One row of the query contain the info needed for all 10 textboxes, lets say each textbox show the data of each column of the query. the top 5 textboxes are related to guest info and the bottom 5 textboxes are related to room info. The report shows all guests and rooms info from a specific floor. For each new guest the 10 textboxes will repeat, what I want is for the report to show all guest info first. If there are 5 guests, to show the top 5 textboxes 5 times and then show the room info next, the bottom 5 textboxes of the room info. So instead of the report to show the 10 textboxes of guest and room info, I want first show all guest info, then show all info of room.

1595972301701.png

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:26
your example is not clear - suggest provide an example with some data rather than the (poorly named) controls

Will also need to have an idea of what your recordsource looks like - and from that probably your table structure.

Best guess at the moment is to make use of subreports

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:26
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

I think it would be easier to help you if we can see a copy of your db. Can you post it with test data only?

volticz

Local time
Hi guys thanks for your help!

Attached is a sample of what I am trying to do.

For the report instead of showing guest info + room info for Mike, guest info + room info for Flore, and guest info + room info for Desire

I would like it to show first all guest info of Mike, Flore, Desire and then show all room info.

It's more like a report design related question. Thanks again!

Attachments

• Database3.accdb
    512 KB · Views: 206

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:26
you need to back up a step - you need to normalise your data first. Not clear what your app is intended to do but as a minimum you need two tables, one for guests and another for rooms. You may need a third table to show which room is allocated to which guest.

To use a phrase, you have shown us an omelette and want to know how to turn it into a cake :rolleyes:

Best I can suggest at the moment is two queries, one for guests and one for rooms, create a report for each then use both as subreports on a third report

volticz

Local time
Thanks CJ_London, I would try the last part, create a report for each then use both as subreports on a third report.

vhung

Local time
Today, 08:26
Hi guys thanks for your help!

Attached is a sample of what I am trying to do.

For the report instead of showing guest info + room info for Mike, guest info + room info for Flore, and guest info + room info for Desire

I would like it to show first all guest info of Mike, Flore, Desire and then show all room info.

It's more like a report design related question. Thanks again!
maybe you have to re-design the your report
>make it a tabular report

Attachments

• AccdbReport.png
    AccdbReport.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 205
  • guestroom.accdb
    672 KB · Views: 202

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom