How to hide the Main Acces UI (1 Viewer)

tmyers

Local time
Yesterday, 20:09
Now Ive done it. I had the code to get rid of the app window before I put the button to bring it back. Now when i go into design mode the whole thing disappears :eek: Any idea how to get around that? lol

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 01:09
Sorry but you've lost me. What does the 'whole thing disappears' actually mean?
Suggest you compare your code with that n my example app

tmyers

Local time
Yesterday, 20:09
Sorry but you've lost me. What does the 'whole thing disappears' actually mean?
Suggest you compare your code with that n my example app
I ended up figuring it out. There was no system icon to bring Access back to the foreground when I would close the form. Had to disable macros so I could correct it. All good!

Avoraightu

Local time
Yesterday, 18:09
Colin, forgive me if this has been asked before.. If instead of hiding the application window I wanted it to resize itself to the size of my main form.
Is there some code I could run when the application opens?

I already hide the ribbon when the main form loads, but I would like to be able to control the size of the application window when it opens.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Yes it can be done...with no code!
The easiest way is probably to use Tabbed Documents display with document tabs hidden
See attached example.
I've also hidden the navigation pane, ribbon and status bar but the approach would work without doing any of those.

However, personally I wouldn't do this as when you open another form or report you will need a different size to view all information

Attachments

• ResizeWindowToForm.accdb
    428 KB · Views: 136

Avoraightu

Local time
Unfortunately if you resize the form and close the database it will reopen just as you left it. What I am looking for is the form to open up to a specific size every time. The 2 screenshots show what I mean.

Screenshot 1 is what I expect to see when a user opens the db, screenshot 2 is what I often see on users computers. :confused:

Attachments

• Screenshot 1.png
    Screenshot 1.png
    445.5 KB · Views: 116
  • Screenshot 2.png
    Screenshot 2.png
    837.9 KB · Views: 109

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
The method I suggested will work for the situation you originally described.

Your two screenshots seem to be related to a different problem.
Forms may not display properly on monitors of different sizes and/or resolutions unless you take action to manage that issue.

Suggest you look into using automatic form resizing. There is an extended article on this topic on my website:

Avoraightu

Local time
The resizing of the form isn't really that big an issue for me, the IT department is pretty consistent when they supply hardware so pretty much everyone has the same size monitor(s). I ended up having the application window minimized instead of hidden that seems to give the desired effect.

Thanks for the support (y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom