How to Look up and open form to add record is the entered record is not available (1 Viewer)

Phyo Wai

Local time
Today, 23:55
Good Morning,
I want to know how to Look up and open form to add record is the entered record is not available.

For example, I want to create Purchase List Database and it has "vendor details" table containing "Name" field. I also create form for that "vendor details".

I want to create "Purchase List" data and it will have "Vendor Name" field that is linked to "Name" field from "vendor details" table. In that field, I want to use look up to check if the record is available or not and open form to add new "vendor details"record if it is not available.

Thank in advance.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:55
For combo boxes that you might use to drop down to select a particular vendor record, there is such a thing as a "Not In List" event, which you can use if you tried to "write in" the vendor name and it came up with no match. I have not used this myself, but if you search the forum for "Not In List" you should be able to see many threads.

onur_can

Local time
Today, 07:55
I assume there are many relationships in the Purchase List and Sales Details table.
Now create a subform for Vendor Details, set aside. Then create the Purchase List form. Add the subform you put aside to this form. Put a ComboBox in the Purchase List as a last operation Using the wizard, select the Find a record in the form that matches the values I selected. Run the form, select a value from the combo box, if there is no value in the subform, you can add it immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom