how to make combo box sensative to other combo box (1 Viewer)

Patsyoyo

Local time
Today, 23:05
What I would like to do is make a choice in one combo box then tab over to another combo box and have it limit its choices to the subgroup of the first choice.

For instance, if I had a database of bikes in stock, in the first combo box I would choose the color bike I was interested in (say red), and the second box would therefore then only give me a list of red bikes in stock, so I could choose one of those bikes and get the info for it.

Thanks for any help.
Linda

Axis

Registered User.
Local time
You would want to make the record source of the second box a query that has as its criteria the current selection in the first combo box.

Then in the first combo box add an OnExit event with a macro using the Requery action. In the Control Name box at the bottom of the macro window, enter the name of the second combo box.

Depending upon your needs, your form might be more useful with a subform instead of the second combo box. With a subform you could show many records at once, making it easier to choose from the stock on hand.

Patsyoyo

Local time
Hi Axis
Thanks for answering both of my questions, been trying to figure them both out for weeks. Can't wait to go mess with it!
Linda

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom