How to open more than 15 workbooks at the same time - (2010) (1 Viewer)

Groundrush

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:33
Recently moved from Office 2003 to 2010 and found that I am unable to open more than 15 workbooks simultaneously like I used to be able to do in 2003.

Previously I simply chose select all then right clicking would then give the option to open.

I noticed in 2010 I can not do so this unless I only do 15 at a time.

Anyone know how I can open more than 15 or is there a setting somewhere where I can change it to allow more to be opened.

The reason why I do this is so that I can run a macro that extracts data from various worksheets that obviously need to be opened to allow the macro to work.

Thanks

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
why do you need them to be open at the same time? can't you process them sequentially?

Groundrush

Registered User.
Local time
It appears that it's not an Excel problem but an issue in windows 7 where there is a limit set to the amount of files that can be opened at once. Currently set to 15

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2022295/en-gb

why do you need them to be open at the same time? can't you process them sequentially?

Not sure how my macro would open the worksheets in sequence when needed so I simply left them all open to begin with then ran the macro & the macro would close them once finished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom