How to Save an Access Database in SharePoint and use this Access Database? (1 Viewer)

JithuAccess

Local time
Today, 12:28
Hello Guys,

I have developed a database and it’s working fine. Database is located in a Network Drive. There will be 15 users using this Database from 4 different departments and the Network location which I saved this database is not accessible for all the 15 users. (I can’t move the file location as per the company policy)

So I have to upload this database in SharePoint. I have not much idea how to do this. I have just uploaded my database in the SharePoint and when a user click on the Database from the SharePoint site Database is opening in a “Read Only” mode and user have to save the database in their Local Drive and do the Data Entry. This is not what we needed. We need to open this Database as in a Network Drive and when a user has to do the Data Entry in Access file which is located in the SharePoint site. So all the 15 users will be using this same Database which is located in the SharePoint site and if they have done data entry of 20 records we need to show 150 records (15 users x 10 records each) in the Database.

Is it possible to do this in SharePoint? If so kindly let me know how to do this.

Thanks so much

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:28
Hi. I get the impression your database is not split. Is it? How much data is or will be in it?

JithuAccess

Local time
Hi. I get the impression your database is not split. Is it? How much data is or will be in it?
Hi,

Yes this DB not splitted and the file size is 29 MB

Thanks

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi,

Yes this DB not splitted and the file size is 29 MB

Thanks
Okay, even if the users can access the network location, not splitting the db could still prove problematic for you. As for the amount of data in the db, I asked because I was going to recommend you move the data into SharePoint Lists. However, there is a threshold for that setup. For example, you don't want to exceed around 5000 records.

JithuAccess

Local time
Okay, even if the users can access the network location, not splitting the db could still prove problematic for you. As for the amount of data in the db, I asked because I was going to recommend you move the data into SharePoint Lists. However, there is a threshold for that setup. For example, you don't want to exceed around 5000 records.
In the Table which the users are going to access have more than 11,000 records and it will keep on day by day. What would be your suggestion? Save this Database in a SharePoint site or split the database (All 15 Users will be saving the Database in a Different Network Locations) and move the data from all these 15 Network Locations into my main Database on a weekly basis?
Thanks

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
In the Table which the users are going to access have more than 11,000 records and it will keep on day by day. What would be your suggestion? Save this Database in a SharePoint site or split the database (All 15 Users will be saving the Database in a Different Network Locations) and move the data from all these 15 Network Locations into my main Database on a weekly basis?
Thanks
If you ask for my recommendation, I would say try to move your data to SQL Server or something similar. Since I have no idea about your network setup and resources, all I know is using SharePoint may not be a good option for you.

JithuAccess

Local time
If you ask for my recommendation, I would say try to move your data to SQL Server or something similar. Since I have no idea about your network setup and resources, all I know is using SharePoint may not be a good option for you.
Thanks let me deal with my Manager

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom