HP deskjet wifi connect (1 Viewer)

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 07:20
I have a HP printer it is deskjet. is there anything i need to know other than reading the directions in packet i got for wifi connection? would anything else be on HP website that i should look for? thank you.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 08:20
You did not specify the model of your HP printer. Nevertheless, in my case, where I have an old HP WiFi capable print, the initial set-up must be done through a direct USB cable connection. Things may have evolved since then, so read the directions.

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Newer HP printers use a pretty much standard dialog where they give you the option to enter a network name or select one, then enter the password for the selected network. Then stand back and enjoy. Some newer systems might ask questions about the security setup, so you should know the details of the WiFi setup. But modern HP printers don't have any glitches that I've ever seen.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:20
Hi. I also bought a new printer, not HP, and the instruction manual nor the manufacturer website was able to help me set up the wifi on it. What helped me do it successfully was some guy on YouTube. Hope you have a better luck than I did. Cheers!

conception_native_0123

Local time
Newer HP printers use a pretty much standard dialog where they give you the option to enter a network name or select one, then enter the password for the selected network.

i know doc man. but i cannot seem to find my network password or pin number first. that my one issue. i looked in my manual and i even have box it came in still i think. do you know where i can find these? the network name is just printer name right? it appears in my wifi list of my computer where all other networks appear. but it needs security key like password for wifi connect on a phone. that is my current stopping point. i dont think key like that would come in instructions. and there is nothing printed on actual printer. so not sure what to do.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The network name and initial WiFi password are usually on the bottom plate of your router along with the model number and serial number. If this is a home system, look there. If this is an office system, your IT person would be able to tell you. Also, if you have changed your WiFi password since you first got a router, I'm afraid you are somewhat on your own. Your Start>>Settings>>Network screen should tell you the network name. Sometimes you can get your PC to tell you what password was used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom