Huawei Executive, Meng Wanzhou, Released (1 Viewer)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 17:29

An under the radar story that I accidentally stumbled across. I was aware that the Trump administration attempted to arrest Wanzhou back in 2018. That looks to have been a politically motivated persecution (arrest) by the Trump administration to put the "screws" to Huawei. Nevertheless, the US should be extremely concerned about buying/using electronic equipment from Huawei since that equipment could easily spy on the data passing through it. This is a vital security concern for all our database systems, even for Access users.

My car "reports" on me. Recently received an email from my car saying that one tire was low on air pressure. With Google, I do a search on a product; I then get "flooded" with ads for that product and similar products. Clearly, out data, as it flows through networks, is being inspected. That can be a security risk.

Typical with the type "arrest" incurred by Wanzhou, the details will be well hidden in the murk. (Note that two Canadians, arrested for espionage, where also released by the Chinese.)

PS: With todays electronics, they are never actually "off" unless they are removed from the power source and power source (batteries) are discharged. So a device that you believe to be "off" could still be "reporting".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom