Hyperlink field doesn't hyperlink. (1 Viewer)

Zedster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:07
Getting pretty confused. I have a backend database in MS SQL with a field called Link set to Varchar(Max).

I have a front end Access database containing a bound form with a bound subform.

The subform contains a field called Link with source bound to the "Link" field in the SQL table. It is formatted to "Is Hyperlink" = Yes and display as hyperlink.

The SQL database is populated by a separate unbound form using VBA. The form has a hyperlink field with an accompanying "browse" button, which uses a "Filepicker" routine in VBA to browse to the file required. Users browse and select the file they want to hyperlink to, then click save. The full address and filename is stored in the File field in SQL.

Once this is done the hyperlink displays fine in the subform, it is even blue and underlined and when the mouse hovers over it, it turns to a hand. But when I click the hyperlink nothing happens.

Any ideas why not/what I have done wrong?

Zedster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:07
Haha just found the answer myself, when I save the link using vba I need to enclose it in "#" each end. I was worried about doing that in case they showed, but it appears not, what they do do though is make the link work.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:07
Hi. A proper hyperlink would include the protocol in it. So, you save the selected file, do you also add the correct protocol? Otherwise, just use a Click event using the FollowHyperlink method.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom