Hyperlink to open new window (1 Viewer)

jenswave25

Local time
Today, 08:41
I have a Data Access Page that is a simile list with subcategories. Within this list several fields are designated as Hyperlinks to documents on our intranet. My problem is this.

When developing the page and I click on the link a new windows will open with the document. However when users go to the page, click on the link, they don’t get a new window. They are forced to use the back button on the IE screen.

Any ideas how I can have a new window open for each hyperlink?

I have looked at the properties and the options when creating they hyperlink.

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:41
If you're using Dreameaver of Frontpage the target of the hyperlink should be set to _blank.
The HTML code is:
Code:
 <a href="your file location*" target="_blank">any text your want </a>

* file:// or http://www.etc

jenswave25

Local time
Today, 08:41
Sorry - I should have been a little more specific. I am working with a Data Access Page. (Yes I know about metter methods, but this is what I have to work with).

Under each Category is a list of records. Within each records are at most 7 hyperlinks to documents (word, excel, power point) located on our intranet, or a internal website.

The hyperlinks are created on on the front end. The Access database. So the hyperlinks are not created on the DAP, instead the DAP only displays (no edits allowd) the records.

I have looked at the href command, but I am getting lost in all othe options. I only want to click on the hyperlink and have a new window open regardless of the type of document.

Thanks in advance for helping.

brucesilvers

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:41
If you want ALL links to open in a new page, you could insert the following into your <head>:

Code:
<base target="_blank">

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom