I hate Access (1 Viewer)

chezza

Local time
Today, 05:53
Ola! I never post introductions in forums, but yours nagged me so nicely ... 😊 It's a couple of years since I had to use Access, and I'm extremely good at forgetting what I knew. I started a voluntary project (pandemic monitoring) and, since this data's going to mount up, thought I should use the correct program instead of Excel. For four only slightly annoying months, I've been compiling and splitting the data with Access then using Excel to fetch results and make my charts, etc.

All of a sudden, Access decided to stop playing nicely with my daily imports. The db's still really small and I can't identify the error. Thought maybe I should split the daily tables on import, then recompile them ... and realised I no longer know how to do this. "I need to write some modules!" I thought. Opened the editor, stared blankly at the boxes, cursed the RAM in my skull, googled a lot, found this place, poured myself a drink. I may be lurking for some time.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:53
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Welcome aboard!

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:53
Hi and Welcome to AWF!
It will come flooding back like a bad dream you thought you had forgotten... ;)

onur_can

Local time
First of all, welcome. I can't help but say that. I've been working with access for many years. Meaningless and illogical events happened to me. But instead of blaming access, I always looked inside myself. I wonder where I'm making the mistake. These errors started to decrease over time. And I came to the following conclusion. Those who could not speak the language of Access were always blaming access. I am very good with access right now and we get along very well. If you work hard, success will come. Remember, jobs without effort cannot grow, just like the care of a plant.
Greetings...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom