I just had to bring this to your attention! (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 19:55
I just had to bring this to your attention! Colin (isladogs) has yet again exercised considerable time and effort to ferret out some deep understanding of MS Access. I refer you to his recent post in the Sample Database section:- "Accurately locate/move forms & controls" ... I've had a quick browse through, and as soon as I get a few minutes, no Hours! I'm going to dig into it. From what I can see, it is an extensive and well-thought-out coverage of this particularly difficult to get right process!

I was immediately drawn to the article when I saw "makes use of the little known VBA WizHook function" .. I thought what the hell is that? I've never seen that before! Now it's not very often I say that with MS Access, not because I'm particularly knowledgeable, but I have been around a long time and I just assume I have seen everything! So it's nice to be surprised from time to time!

The depth and quality of Colin's regular articles remind me of an old publication called "Smart Access" - which I subscribed to, and still have a pile of the magazines which I browse through from time to time. They can also be found online, have a search for Smart Access, they are well worth reviewing. (I tried searching for "Smart Access" but didn't have much luck myself! I found this site, VB123 I think this is the bulk of the original Smart Access site not 100% sure though.. If you happen upon a better link then I would be very grateful if you could add it to this thread...)

Thanks for this Colin, and I hope you keep up your efforts. Its amazing that the stuff you dig out from deep within the Gears and Cogs that make up the MS Access engine.

Update:-
The article is also available on Colin's website here:-

Accurately Move Forms & Controls
http://www.mendipdatasystems.co.uk/move-forms-controls/4594549378

Along with many more articles, samples and downloads which are very interesting to peruse!

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 19:55
Hi Tony
Many thanks for your kind comments about this item both here and on your website.

For info I've just added some additional information about hidden VBA functions in post #3 of that thread: https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=1613137#post1613137

Also added the PDF that was missing from post #2 in that same thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom