I need some help getting started (1 Viewer)

Benjamin Bolduc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:27
Im trying to learn how to use VBA for Access 2002 so that I can make a more advanced DB for my company. I've searched the internet for hours for tutorials but all I've gotten is a headache. If anyone knows any Websites or other media offering free tutorials for begginers (and I do mean begginer), please share them with me. Any other advice would also be very much appreciated. Thank you

jwindon

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:27
A piece of advice I've given to people starting out in vba is just what someone told me (BukHix).

Take a macro you've created and right click on it. Choose Save As Module. Then go look at the module in the database window.

Gives you a good look at the code for doing something that you have done before.

Don't know off the top of my head any on-line resources other than MS website, but I recommend "Step-By-Step Microsoft Access Visual Basic" - Microsoft Press. Comes with a cd rom tool also.

Good luck!

J

Jerry Stoner

I started learning VBA 6 months ago. BukHix's advice via jwindon is excellent. Also look at the modules forum for great samples. Daunting at first but gradually sinking in. As for tuturials the few Ive found are useless. This forum is the best learning tool on the net as far as I'm concerned. Check out Access 200 VBA Handbook (SYBEX) and Beginning Access 2000 VBA by WROX. The WROX title is a tutorial that has been invaluable to me. Amazon has it for about 40.00 USD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom