I think this may be a linking problem (1 Viewer)

handsj

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:37
Hi Folks

Here i go again with another can i do this question. I have 3 tables setup and 3 forms, and enter information into these as required, one for consultant, one for GP and one for DNS. I have one education table which have been made into a subform and attached to each of the 3 forms mentioned. Within this education table i have an ID number but the id number depends on which form i am entering data into.

For example if i am entering info into the consultant form i want the education table to pick this ID from here and if in the GP form i want the education table to pick this ID from here and so on.

Can anyone advise me if this is possible and would be grateful if you could tell me an easy way to achieve this. :D

Dennisk

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 19:37
I suppose it depends on whether you are using unique keys or not. I use Gps GMC Number and for consultants the Consult GMC Number as they are prefixed with G and C respectively there is no conflict.

However if you are using autonumbers then you will certaily experience duplicate IDs and hence incorrect data on your sub form.

So If using Autonumbers either prefix each number with a Letter to differentiate each source table or create 3 education tables one each for GP, Cons and DNS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom