I want to get values from different tables depending on the combo box (1 Viewer)

hsusmani

Local time
Today, 05:47
I am kind of new to access and learning...
I have got a form where I have a combo box where names of companies are listed. there is another combo box where its branches are listed.
So, One table is holding the company names only. 2nd table is named after that company and have all the branches listed inside. 3rd table the same way and so on and so forth.
I want to link two combo boxes together in a way that if a company name is selected. It will first see the name of the company selected and depending on that will go to its specific table and only show the branches listed inside.

Can anyone help me get this done? Thanks

hsusmani

Local time
Today, 05:47
Thanks Paul.
Its working the way I want. There is one more thing I wanted to ask. Until now, there were two combo box. One depending on other one. Now there is another text field I want to update depending on the 2nd combo box.

On load of the form, If I am changing the 2nd combo box, this text field is generating entries. But once I change the first cmobo box, then 2nd one changes itself which is fine until here. But then the text field is going empty. Whatever I do, it remains empty. Any idea why its happening?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:47
Thanks Paul.
Its working the way I want.
Due to a bug in the forum software this message was "unapproved" (hidden) for some considerable time. I have just approved it. I hope no one has been inconvenience too much! The new forum software no longer has this bug, so this problem should not reoccur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom