If then Statement (1 Viewer)

Jurni

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:53
I have created a form with a combo box that lists repair types. Below that I've got parts,labor and total (all formatted as currency). For Cylinder Repairs (one of the choices in the repair types combo list) the fixed cost will be $1,000. I have tried all sorts of iif expressions,but nothing is working (I'm pretty new at this, so I may be doing it wrong). Anyhow, what I'm trying to say is "if the repair type = Cylinder Repair then the part cost ("part") will = $1000. Please let me know exactly how to put this into the form and where exactly to put it.

Thanks.

Dwaynair

Local time
Today, 14:53
The way i did it was to create a data table called parts and include a "key" Id and what ever else you may need. Then creat a combo box or list box which calls to the parts table. Click on the properties, then data under
Control Source = should reference to the field you want to store the info in on the form.
Row Sorce Type = Table/Query
Row Source = SELECT DISTINTCROW (type Query) referencing back to your parts table.
Bound Column = 2

If you are not ready for the query bldr the wizard does a great job with the "list box" and "combo box".

This will also allow you to update the parts list and or pricing when ever you need to if you bld a parts form.

good luck

[This message has been edited by Dwaynair (edited 02-03-2000).]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom