Imped PDF Form in Report and Fill It In (1 Viewer)

AngelSpeaks

Local time
Today, 15:06
Hi All,

I am using Access 2013. I have a pdf form, that I wish to fill in via an Access report. I tried inserting an Active X object, Adobe PDF Reader.

Here is my code:

Code:
Private Sub Report_Load()
   Me.AcroPDF0.LoadFile "c:\Prevailing Wage\Certified Payroll Database\Affadivit.pdf"
End Sub

First I get OLE Server Isn't Registered.

Then I get a runtime error 438.

I tried save the PDF as a png file and inserted it as an image, but trying to place controls on the image is a major PITA.

Any suggestions? Thanks

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:06
can you use Form instead of report and you can use Webbrowser control instead of adobe activex?

AngelSpeaks

Local time
can you use Form instead of report and you can use Webbrowser control instead of adobe activex?
I will look into this. Thanks!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:06
Hi. Are you trying to "print" the filled out PDF form?

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:06
Not clear to me what you want. Do you want to export data to fill-in textboxes on a fill-in PDF then print that PDF? Or do you want to use PDF as a background on report or form with data controls on top of PDF?

I have used a jpg in an Image control as background with data controls on top. Works great.

AngelSpeaks

Local time
Not clear to me what you want. Do you want to export data to fill-in textboxes on a fill-in PDF then print that PDF? Or do you want to use PDF as a background on report or form with data controls on top of PDF?

I have used a jpg in an Image control as background with data controls on top. Works great.
Actually, either would work. Image control as background? I did place an image on the report and attempted to place controls over that but I had difficulty with the controls. I will try that. Thanks

AngelSpeaks

Local time
DBGuy, does the end user need Adobe Acrobat or just me? Thanks for the demo.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:06
DBGuy, does the end user need Adobe Acrobat or just me? Thanks for the demo.
Hi. There are two demoes. One requires Adobe Pro, the other one does not. Give them both a try; and hopefully, one (or both) will work for what you need. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom