import / export specs (1 Viewer)

S

sqlmonkey

OK can anybody out there in access land help me on this one?

I have created import / export specs in access 2000 and saved the database. I then saved the database as a previous version and opened it in Access 97. However all of the specs i created have now disappeared. Any clues? or has anyone come across this before. The funny thing is if i open the converted db in access 2000 and convert it back to 2000 format the specs are still there.

DES

Technoweenie
Local time
Yesterday, 23:57
Import specs are saved in access itself. Since you have not made the Import specs in 97, 97 does not have them. However open up 2000, even in another database and they will be there.

So..... make them in 97 to work in 97 and if you have to put it on another machine remember that that copy does not have the import specs until you create them there.

Unless of course you use the default import specs.

Of course you could find the import specs that you created in the original database and try exporting those as well. To find them you will need to be in your 2000 version and go to the Tools Options menu item. When the Options window comes up make sure you are on the View tab and check the Hidden and System objects check boxes. Then go back to the database window and look in the tables tab you should see a bunch of new tables there, one being MSysIMEXSpecs. That is your import specs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom