Solved Inaccessible forums in Similar Threads (1 Viewer)

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:14
@Jon - FYI: In the "Similar Threads" section below the thread, I see threads from (sub-)forums I do not have access to.
See the screenshot for an example.
1583161836353.png

I guess this is not intentional...

PS: I get an access denied error if I click on any of those links, so it is not that serious.

• Wow
Reactions: Jon

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:14
Good find. I've updated the backend. Have those ones gone now?

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:14
Good find. I've updated the backend. Have those ones gone now?
Yes, in the thread I saw them in before they are gone.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Those sections are now excluded. Phew! There are too many damn settings on this forum!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:14
Phew! There are too many damn settings on this forum!

Before I came to this forum and to Access, I was a user of Borland Paradox for DOS and later for Windows. The DOS product was actually kind of nice but when they implemented the Windows version they screwed the pooch. I mean bad enough to have Kennel Club members get out the pitchforks and flaming torches.

At the time, I found the number of options available on Access to be absolutely bewildering. However, after a while it all settled in and I actually felt I understood it a bit more. The number of settings on a bound form was truly daunting. Don't worry, Jon. It's just a matter of becoming accustomed to the panoply of options available to you.

Reactions: Jon

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I am getting there. It all takes time. Lets face it, this software has only been running here for just over a month now. It's very early days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom