Incorrect Figures in mail merge (1 Viewer)

rowzone

Local time
Today, 03:02
I am trying to run a mail merge using currency results from Access make table query going through Word to send emails. When running the merge the table result shows the correct currency figure, but when this appears in word it shows up as 13 x Kayaks @ 27 5 each = 357 5
Instead of displaying @ £27.50 = £357.50
So add the following code in mergefield to convert it to currency in alt F9 \# £,0.00
but the results then come up as 13 x Kayaks @ £32.00 each = £362.00

So it appears to be adding the two figues displayed of 27 & 5 and 357 & 5 instead of taking account of the decimal point!!
The figures are correctly being displayed in the table, so how on earth do I get the correct figures to show in word??
:banghead::banghead:

Last edited:

rowzone

Local time
Apologies for the duplicate post, believed this was a better place for the post than the first one posted in queries, so that is why created two am new to this didn't seem to have an option to move the original post from one forum to another?

gerry@docshop.ie

Registered User.
Local time
You need to create a calculated field in your query that combines the currency symbol with the number ( expr123: "£" &
![Field] ) . If the field is already as calculated field then use Expr123: "£" & [Table1]![Field1] & IIf(InStr(1,[Table1]![Field1],".")=0,".00",IIf(Len([Table1]![Field1])-InStr(1,([Table1]![Field1]),".")=1,"0")) but in this case replace the [Table1]![Field1] with the existing formula. This will correctly add the 0's after the decimal.

rowzone

Local time
This works ( expr123: "£" &
![Field] )
Thanks, at last I can start sending quotes out automatically without having to type them all out!!

Fantastic :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom