infopath sharepoint form design - action rule (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 05:09
Hi, I have a date field (Delivery Date), and a checkbox (Due Within 3 Days). i want to set a rule where if the delivery date is greater than or equal to (today minus 3 days), then check the Due Within 3 Days (field4) box.

I have set a rule on Delivery Date, as type = Action, with Condition = Delivery Date is equal to or greater than addDays(today(),-3) and the action is, Set a Field's Value: field4 = True. When I preview the form, and if I select a date within the desired timeframe, or even in a different timeframe, a little red dotted box appears around the field4 checkbox, but the field4 checkbox does not actually become checked.

Any ideas?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. What version of SharePoint are you using? InfoPath was discontinued (I think) after 2013. The usual approach now is to use Workflows. Just curious...

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I am using Infopath 2013 it's what my company told me to use for sharepoint forms. How can I find the version of the sharepoint server or would I need to ask an admin? I have a feeling it is 2010

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I am using Infopath 2013 it's what my company told me to use for sharepoint forms. How can I find the version of the sharepoint server or would I need to ask an admin? I have a feeling it is 2010
Yes, the admins should know. The only way I can tell between 2010 and 2013 is by the "look" of the site and the placement of some of the menus.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I was just able to connect with an admin and was told it's sharepoint 2010

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I was just able to connect with an admin and was told it's sharepoint 2010
At least, now, you know. Okay, I think it would be a little hard to find help for you because you're using an old version of SharePoint. I can't even do any testing for you because I don't use InfoPath anymore. However, I'll try to share anything I know, if it's something I can do. Your next best resource might be YouTube. Good luck!

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
ok, well thanks for trying. I understand about the old version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom