Solved Input mask for hours (1 Viewer)

zelarra821

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:51
Good afternoon. I'm looking at the Access help for how to put an input mask to enter times that allows me to enter, for example, 0: 1: 34 without having to write a zero in front of the one, that is, like this: 0:01:34. Currently, the one I use is this: 9:00:00;0; _, and I don't know how I have to put it to achieve it.
Thank you.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:51
Hi. I would be surprised, but it's probably not possible using just Input Mask. I would say forget Input Mask and just use code.

zelarra821

Registered User.
Local time
Hi. I would be surprised, but it's probably not possible using just Input Mask. I would say forget Input Mask and just use code.
And how should I do it?

zelarra821

Registered User.
Local time
In the table, Date/Hour, and format Long hour.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
In the table, Date/Hour, and format Long hour.
Okay, just thinking out loud here. I would probably use an unbound Textbox for the user input; then in the AfterUpdate event, use code to parse the input and populate the Date/Time field appropriately.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Ahhh, okay. I had not fallen in that.
The reason I say that is because if you use the bound control for user input, invalid time input might trigger an error message before your code could get a chance to validate the input and therefore provide the user a better prompt on how to fix it.

zelarra821

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks a lot. I will try, but having two fields for the same, one of them independent, do not think that I am very funny, because I already tried it once with a database and I did not like how it looked. Anyway,

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Thanks a lot. I will try, but having two fields for the same, one of them independent, do not think that I am very funny, because I already tried it once with a database and I did not like how it looked. Anyway,
Hi. Not sure we're on the same page. I didn't suggest using two fields. I said to use an unbound Textbox to populate the single field in your table.

zelarra821

Registered User.
Local time
If I have understood you, it is that I have explained myself wrong. This using another language is what you have.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 13:51
See demo. The actually bound field is not displayed, but you could if desired.

Attachments

• DemoTime.accdb
    992 KB · Views: 323

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom