Input mask on textbox (1 Viewer)

rphague

Local time
Today, 00:59
I'm trying to create an input mask using VBA. The input mask needs to have two possible variations based on the entry in another field. I was able to find some VBA code that is supposed to solve the problem, but it doesn't. The code I have only shows the input mask of the Else condition. Could someone look at it for me and give suggestions. Thank you.

Private Sub Tax_ID_Number_AfterUpdate()

If Me.Tax_ID_Number_Type = "Employer Identification Number (EIN)" Then

Me.Tax_ID_Number.InputMask = "00-0000000"

Else

Me.Tax_ID_Number.InputMask = "000-00-0000"

End If

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 04:59
Use F8 and a breakpoint to see what Me.Tax_ID_Number_Type actually contains when you think it should contain Employer Identification Number (EIN)

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:59
I'm trying to create an input mask using VBA. The input mask needs to have two possible variations based on the entry in another field. I was able to find some VBA code that is supposed to solve the problem, but it doesn't. The code I have only shows the input mask of the Else condition. Could someone look at it for me and give suggestions. Thank you.

Private Sub Tax_ID_Number_AfterUpdate()

If Me.Tax_ID_Number_Type = "Employer Identification Number (EIN)" Then

Me.Tax_ID_Number.InputMask = "00-0000000"

Else

Me.Tax_ID_Number.InputMask = "000-00-0000"

End If
HI. Are you also trying to use Input Mask in Outlook? If not, it may be better to split this topic and create a new one for your issue.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:59
Just concerned with Access
If no one else does it by the time I get back in front of a computer, I'll split the topic for you.

Sent from phone...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom