Insert calendar picker in tabular form (1 Viewer)

tnt203

Local time
Today, 02:30
Hello everyone,
I have a question about inserting a calendar picker in a tabular form. I can do that in a regular form, but when inserted the calendar in tubular form, it would push my next line of the firm down. Enven I tried to hide the calendar, it left a blank space between the lines. Is it possible to have a calendar in a tabular form?
Thanks for any help.
Tung

Attachments

• InsertCalendarTabularForm.jpg
    InsertCalendarTabularForm.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 93

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:30
Hi. What version of Access are you using? You might consider using a popup calendar instead.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 15:30
there is already a built-in calendar/date picker in ms access.
if the textbox is bound to date/time field.

tnt203

Local time
Hi. What version of Access are you using? You might consider using a popup calendar instead.

I used the Access 2007. Yes, I used the calendar from the ActiveX control, version 12.0.

The problem is when I inserted the calendar in the form, it pushed the next line down. In a regular form, it would be behind the text boxes, and I can hide it until I click on the date text box, then it would popup. When I am done using it would be hidden again. It the tabular form, it is a list of all record down the form, line by line, and the calendar just splits the lines so the calendar is in between the lines. If I have 200 records, lines, then I would have 200 of the calendars listed. Look at the attachment you have better idea what I am referring to.
Thanks,
Tung

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I used the Access 2007. Yes, I used the calendar from the ActiveX control, version 12.0.

The problem is when I inserted the calendar in the form, it pushed the next line down. In a regular form, it would be behind the text boxes, and I can hide it until I click on the date text box, then it would popup. When I am done using it would be hidden again. It the tabular form, it is a list of all record down the form, line by line, and the calendar just splits the lines so the calendar is in between the lines. If I have 200 records, lines, then I would have 200 of the calendars listed. Look at the attachment you have better idea what I am referring to.
Thanks,
Tung

Hi. Can you post a screenshot in design view? Maybe you have a Layout applied since you're using 2007.

tnt203

Local time
Hi. Can you post a screenshot in design view? Maybe you have a Layout applied since you're using 2007.

This is a continuous form in the design view.
Thanks,
Tung

Attachments

• DesignViewContinuousForm.jpg
    DesignViewContinuousForm.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 87

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
This is a continuous form in the design view.
Thanks,
Tung

Hi. Thanks. For what you want, I think it might be better to use a popup calendar.

tnt203

Local time
Hi. Thanks. For what you want, I think it might be better to use a popup calendar.

Thanks, I think you are right. I was trying to go for a short cut, but not this time.
Best Regards,
Tung

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Thanks, I think you are right. I was trying to go for a short cut, but not this time.
Best Regards,
Tung

I think ActiveX calendars are only good with single forms when you have the space. Good luck.

PS. By the way, maybe you just need to use the built in date picker. Have you tried it?

tnt203

Local time
I think ActiveX calendars are only good with single forms when you have the space. Good luck.

PS. By the way, maybe you just need to use the built in date picker. Have you tried it?

Yes, I used the example from Zigzag. It worked quite well. Thanks for all the help. Greatly appreciated.
Best Regards,
Tung

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yes, I used the example from Zigzag. It worked quite well. Thanks for all the help. Greatly appreciated.
Best Regards,
Tung

Hi. Congratulations! Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Cheers!

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:30
If you are using Access 2007 or newer, don't use the ActiveX control. Use the built in tool. No code is required. Just remove any input mask since that interferes with the action of the calendar. In a bound datetime field, the calendar is automatic unless you turn it off. If you want the calendar to be active for an unbound control, set the format property to short date to tell Access that this is a "date" field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom